Friday, April 9, 2010

Lunch at the Bar-B-Que Shop, Memphis


On March 7, my Dad and I went to the Bar-B-Que Shop in downtown Memphis for lunch. We split a full order of slow-cooked ribs and a pulled pork sandwich. The ribs were the most fantastic ribs either of us had ever tasted. Half of them were dry and the other half had been smothered in just the right amount of sweet n’ smoky BBQ sauce. Meat just fell off the saturated bones and melted in your mouth. The pulled pork sandwich was good, but it didn’t blow us way like the ribs did. The meat was a bit dry and the roll was standard. I also think that it was under sauced. Both of these meals came with sides of ‘slaw and baked beans. These were both fairly above average. The ‘slaw was crunchy and chock full of carrots. I thought it complemented the meat nicely. The baked beans hand a smoky flavor and just fell apart in your mouth. We washed all this down with a couple glasses of sweet tea. Overall, I loved the Bar-B-Que Shop and wouldn’t think twice about eating there again.

My rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment